Tuesday, January 17, 2012

House Update - PreConstruction

Levi and I met with our home builder yesterday for our official "preconstruction meeting," which was basically a time to confirm all of the selections we've made, look at the blueprints and make sure they are building the right house...you know, the important stuff!  He said they should "break ground" on Monday (less than a week) and that our house could be done as early as mid-May! So exciting!

I don't have any new pictures of the house itself, obviously, because it's still just a lot with dirt on it...but hopefully starting next week I can start taking progressive pictures. What I do have, however, is pictures of our design selections, so I thought I'd share those now...

Clockwise from top: 18in tile for kitchen/dining/foyer/bathrooms; wood floor for family room; granite countertops in kitchen; and kitchen/bathroom cabinets.

I know the kitchen/bathroom cabinets look black. They're NOT. They are "espresso brown." It's very dark, but as I keep reassuring Levi, they're not black. :)

This is a sketch of our kitchen cabinets and backsplash. The diagonal tile will match the floor tile, and the small accent tiles are metal. Both are shown below:



Our front door selections - we chose the one on the right. Our front shutters will be stained to match.

Light fixtures...the left side are outdoor fixtures and the right side are indoor fixtures. I think they'll be very pretty!


I have an idea in my mind of how the house will look when it's all done and we've painted and moved in...I hope the reality will be as nice! :) I have a "decorating" notebook that I carry around, adding pictures and paint swatches for the different rooms...I think it will be a modern-traditional style, with lots of browns and neutrals with a few accent colors, and wrought iron details. Can't wait to see it evolve! :)




2 comments:

  1. so exciting! I love the colors and styles of what you have chosen.
    Our first house we built didn't turn out at all like I wanted. I had no idea how to pick every little detail and have it look nice together. I think you however, have done an awesome job.
    Are you on pinterest? There is sooo many awesome ideas on home decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I'm hoping that I know what I'm doing, anyway! We'll see I guess! :)

      You know, you are the second person who has told me about pininterest in the past few days! I had never heard of it before, but am looking into it now...it seems like a fun place, if a little overwhelming! :P

      Delete