Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby Update - 6 months along!

Baby J (henceforth known officially as Caleb) and I had our 6 month appointment yesterday...all is going well so far! It was a quick appointment: checking my weight, measuring my belly, and using the Doppler to hear the heartbeat. I told my OB I thought he was still breech (the head upright, bottom/feet down position) because when he kicks - which is often - I still only feel them very low down near my pelvis. My OB agrees but reassures that there is still lots of time for him to turn around!

Starting at our next visit (28 weeks) we'll have ultrasounds to monitor Caleb's growth, because of my MS. Thankfully, I haven't had any flare ups or problems with MS during this pregnancy, but decreased growth of the baby can be a complication with some women. At our 20 week ultrasound, he was perfect at 14oz (not quite a pound), so hopefully we won't have any problems. I am glad we are doing the growth scans, though, for reassurance AND because it means I get to see him more often! :)

I do have a few pictures to share...The one on the left is 5 months along with Olivia. The one on the right is 4 1/2 months along with Caleb. Pretty similar, even though they're 2 weeks apart! I guess that means I'm not as huge as I feel...

And apparently I like striped maternity shirts. :P The next picture I have from my pregnancy with Olivia is at 6 1/2 months, so I'll try to remember to take another one in a few weeks for comparison.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the pregnancy is going great for you. You look adorable!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity, I am so so happy for you guys! First of all, Olivia is GORGEOUS (she's a mini-you!) and secondly, Caleb is going to be so handsome, I just know it! We miss you here in the NICU at Vandy (me especially!) I'll keep praying that you have a healthy pregnancy - no MS flare-ups, got it?!

    ReplyDelete