Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baby Update

Hello Third Trimester! :)

We're now a little more than 28 weeks along...and things are going great! I went to the doctor this week, and because of my MS my obstetrician is carefully monitoring Caleb's growth with ultrasounds from now on. Of course, I don't mind at all, since that means I get to see him once a month! I've been lucky with ultrasounds for both of my pregnancies - with Olivia my OB was one of my instructors so we had frequent peeks of her just for fun!

The ultrasound this week showed that everything is going well! Caleb is about 2 pounds, 12 ounces now, and growing very well. We'll be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now for the next 2 months, then every week until he's born! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!

This is a proflie picture of our little monkey...you can see the slope of his forehead, the peak of his nose, and his lips & chin. It looks like he's kissing his umbilical cord (the bubble-like objects just above him). :) In real-time on the ultrasound he was making sucking motions with his mouth. Practicing, I guess! He was also laying all curled up on his side with his arm under his head at one point...sleeping just like his big sister does!

We've also decided on a nursery theme, even though we won't truly be setting up his new room until we move into our new house. We're going with a jungle theme with brown, green, and blue. This is a picture of his bedding set:


Cute, huh? I set up a small registry at Target...mostly because the wonderful people at work are giving me a baby shower next month. :) Luckily many things we still have from when Olivia was a baby, but not boy-themed things. :) I don't think we want to put a boy in a purple butterfly themed room...

I also found this wall decoration idea that I think would be adorable in his room:


I'll probably paint the circles and just buy the animal decals. SO CUTE! :) I'm so excited to be able to actually use paint in our new house...

I guess that's it for updates. I don't have any new pictures of me, though I need to take one soon. My belly is getting so big!


No comments:

Post a Comment