Monday, April 23, 2012

House Update - Flooring is in!

Our trip to the new house was extra exciting this week...we have flooring throughout the house! Previously we only had tile, but now the wood floor and carpet have been installed as well. It's so amazing to see it all come together. We love it. :)

We have a driveway now, too! It will be stained a pretty brown color to match the rest of the neighborhood. We still need landscaping, too, but it's come a long way from the huge piles of dirt and broken shingles/debris that were there only a few weeks ago!

Olivia on the back porch. :) She loves exploring our new house. I'll like it a lot more when the side gates are installed and she can't wander out front by herself....


The kitchen was one of the biggest surprises this week...it's basically done! We have countertops, cabinets, a backsplash, and appliances! It's SO pretty. I just couldn't stop smiling at how well it came together!

A close up of the backsplash and our cooktop. I love the little bronze tiles in the backsplash; they add such a nice touch.

A side view of the kitchen...you can see our oven/microwave. You can also see a sliver of the wood floor in the living room (where I'm standing to take the picture), though it's mostly covered by brown protective paper. Thanks goodness! I don't want anything to scuff up our pretty floor before we move in.

Our staircase/foyer, with freshly stained banister and carpet! I love the dark wood on the white wall. Again with the brown protective paper...once we move in I'll take a picture of the actual wood floor!

Bonus room with iron railing...there's bubble wrap all over it still, which makes it look funny.

A little blurry, but this is our master bathroom. It has a HUGE mirror. I knew there would be a mirror there but I didn't realize it would take up the entire wall. I love it! It's directly across from a west-facing window, so we should get lots of natural light in there.


That's it for new pictures. There really isn't much left for them to do...some small fixtures inside (ceiling fans, fireplace mantel, doorknobs, etc.) and all the landscaping outside. It should be done in just a few short weeks! Our closing date is May 15th...we'll probably move in slowly since we have our rental house through June. I have lots of decorating plans, including painting some of the walls, and would like to do that before we move everything in...we'll see!

I can't believe it's almost done. The process went by so fast...and it was so much fun watching it develop. Levi and I both think it will be a very nice home to raise our family in...and to have guests in! Who wants to visit? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it! Can't wait to visit! I really love the kitchen and you'll love the wood floors! So excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete