Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hoppy Easter! :)

We had a lot of fun with Easter this year! Olivia is getting old enough that she knows what to expect for holidays now, so we had several days' worth of "where's the Easter candy" and "let's go hunt for eggs now!"

It was also the first year that I dyed Easter eggs with her. Yes, I know, it's shocking that she's never dyed eggs before...but she was always too little to understand how to be careful (and if I'm honest I was probably working...) This year, though, I really wanted to make sure it was something we did. She helped me hard-boil the eggs (she's such a big helper in the kitchen), and then we set up 4 glasses with our chosen colors - pink, blue, green, and red. It was amazing to see the look on her face when we pulled the first egg out of the blue dye - lit up with so much wonder and excitment. It was so much fun, and I wish I'd taken pictures but I was too preoccupied with making sure the dye didn't end up all over everywhere. Next year!

I am proud to say that we have some very good pictures of her hunting Easter eggs (both the dyed and the plastic variety) and in her dress before church. Those are below...

The eggs seemed to like hiding in the grass but she was pretty good at finding them!

Pulling eggs out of the front bushes.

That's a lot of eggs!

Her Easter basket had books, colored pens, a memo pad, and stickers!

New Easter dress and new summer sandals!

Such a beautiful girl. (wish I'd curled her hair - it's really cute that way - but we ran out of time before church)

Emptying all of her candy into a bag...that she's still slowly working her way through for dinner time desserts! :)

It was a lovely day. Hope you had a lovely Easter Sunday with your family as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment