Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby Update

We are now 17 weeks along with Baby J#2! (I'd meant to post last week, at 16 weeks/4 months, but kept forgetting).

Things are going very well! According to BabyCenter, the baby is currently about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. I definitely feel little kicks daily - usually in the mornings and early evenings. Olivia is funny, too, because she will put her hand on my belly and then jerk it away very quickly and say, "OH! the baby got me!" :) I can't wait for the movements to be strong enough for her to feel,
too.

In about 3 weeks we'll have our Anatomy Scan ultrasound, where they check for birth defects, etc, and make sure the baby is growing well. Olivia will be going to that one, which should be fun...and we'll find out if Baby J#2 is a boy or a girl! Anyone have a guess yet? Post it in the comments if you do!


I have a few pictures to share, though I confess they are a little old...
12 weeks along - I love that you can see the whole baby in the picture!

On the left is 12weeks along with Olivia, on the right is 14weeks along this time. Big difference! Oh, and Olivia is the blur at the bottom of the picture. :) Funny. I seem to have the exact same haircut, too!

Finally, though it may seem a little redundant, I do have another, more "baby-centric" blog. It's actually the same blog I used to chronicle my pregnancy with Olivia, I just reopened it. The link is http://my-twiglet.livejournal.com/ if you want to check it out or follow it. I (try to) make weekly updates about how the baby is growing and developing, including a picture of the week. I'll post occasional updates like this here, but the bulk of the info will be there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment