Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tim & Kathy Lickliter's Visit

Next up in the family visiting line up are Tim and Kathy Lickliter (my dad and step-mom). They stopped by for a few days on their way home from visiting my grandparents in NM. Unfortunately, I had to work for two of the days that they were here, but Levi was a great host and made sure they had things to do.

And of course, Grandpa and Grandma brought Olivia a surprise:

Wonder if the ballerina bear will replace Kitty as the stuffed animal of choice (also a present from them)? We shall see...

The first morning was spent swimming, then lunch with me, then relaxing at home until we all went to dinner at Chuy's - the closest thing to "real" Mexican food that we've found so far in Austin. :)

The next day they all rode the train into downtown Austin. We'd been meaning to do it for a while but never had...Levi said that Olivia was really excited for about the first five minutes. :P





While downtown, they went to the Children's Museum, which is very hands-on, as you might expect. Levi compared it to Chuck - E - Cheese, in the amount of kids, activity, and chaos. I'm not so sure I'm sorry I missed it...lol. Not really. I'd much have rather gone with them than stayed at work all day!






digging for dinosaur bones!

It was a short visit, but a good one! I think everyone had fun. 'Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment